1. IT is my will that my servant Warren A. Cowdery should be appointed and ordained a presiding high priest over my church, in the land of Freedom and the regions round about;
2. And should preach my everlasting gospel, and lift up his voice and warn the people, not only in his own place, but in the adjoining counties;
3. And devote his whole time to this high and holy calling, which I now give unto him, seeking diligently the kingdom of heaven and its righteousness, and all things necessary shall be added thereunto; for the laborer is worthy of his hire.
4. And again, verily I say unto you, the coming of the Lord draweth nigh, and it overtaketh the world as a thief in the night--
5. Therefore, gird up your loins, that you may be the children of light, and that day shall not overtake you as a thief.
6. And again, verily I say unto you, there was joy in heaven when my servant Warren bowed to my scepter, and separated himself from the crafts of men;
7. Therefore, blessed is my servant Warren, for I will have mercy on him; and, notwithstanding the vanity of his heart, I will lift him up inasmuch as he will humble himself before me.
8. And I will give him grace and assurance wherewith he may stand; and if he continue to be a faithful witness and a light unto the church I have prepared a crown for him in the mansions of my Father. Even so. Amen.